Charities we are supporting
UK taxpayers: Please donate via Colin's JustGiving Giro di Muscoli page so donations can be Gift Aided to boost them by 25%.
What is Motor Neurone Disease? It is a degenerative disease. The motor neurones that tell the muscles what to do stop working. It does not effect the brain, but all muscles in the body. It is a life shortening condition. There is no cure. Yet.
The Giro di Muscoli is raising money, and awareness, for three national charities, The Motor Neurone Disease Association (England, Wales and Northern Ireland), Stichting ALS (The Netherlands) and AISLA (Italy).
"We improve care and support for people with MND, their families and carers"
- Focused on improving access to care, research and campaigning for those people living with or affected by MND.
- We are a membership organisation with over 9,000 members forming a powerful national and local network that provides information and support.
- We have over 7,000 active volunteers in England, Wales and Northern Ireland and around 170 paid staff, all dedicated to improving the lives of people affected by MND, now and in the future.
"Together we are committed to fighting ALS and to help patients"
Our main objectives are:
- Promote scientific research into the cause of and possibilities for the prevention, cure and future treatment of ALS
- Provide a communication platform for ALS patients, loved ones, relatives and environment (contact with fellow sufferers)
- Improve quality of life and care for ALS patients
- The most effective use of the available money for scientific research